Policies for the CQRA website
This is a community website for all who live or work in Charter Quay, with the aim of providing up-to-date information about the site and the immediate neighbourhood.
The site is moderated, we reserve the right to amend, provide the right to reply or simply remove inappropriate content.
Standards for articles on CQRA website
The aim of the CQRA website is not only to provide residents and employees with information about living and working on the site but also to provide useful information for potential residents, employees and visitors. People rarely read web pages word by word so articles must be clear, concise and scannable. Here are a few tips that should help your article attract visitors and ensure they get the information you intended from it.
The following ensures that text is scannable
- Meaningful subheadings (not ‘clever’ ones)
- Bulleted lists
- One idea per paragraph
- Inverted pyramid style, starting with the conclusion
- Half the word count of conventional writing
In addition there are some standards that apply to all articles on the website. These have been drawn up to ensure that the website maintains its professional look and attracts visitors.
- Articles should be written in easy to understand language. This helps people whose first language is not English and those with sensory or learning difficulties.
- Font and headings will automatically be handled by the site.
- The expansion of an acronym should be specified in a document when it first occurs.
- Dates should be written in the format 22 June 2015.
- Time should all be either am and pm not 24 hour clock.
- Telephone numbers should be recorded as 020 nnnn nnnn for landlines, 07nnn nnnnnn for mobile phones.
- Tables should not be used in the articles.
- Images should have meaningful alternative text (ALT Tags).
- Meta tags should be standardised to include descriptions and key words.
- Authors should give their full name and a description, for example. a resident of Stevens House; Site Manager; visitor. Some general purpose articles may be attributed to a role or group e.g. CQRA Committee, Web Team.
- The site of the abstracts of articles should be referred to as the ‘front page’.
Legal limitations, caveats & warranties
To the best of our knowledge, CQRA Ltd either owns the copyright, or has the permission of the copyright holder to publish all material on this website. If you believe we have violated your copyright, then please inform us by email and we will correct or remove the offending material.
Warranties and Disclaimers
This web site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. CQRA Ltd assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this web site or other documents that are referenced by or linked to this web site.
Certain hypertext links in this site will lead to web sites that are not under the control of CQRA Ltd. When you activate any of these you will leave the CQRA Ltd web site and CQRA Ltd has no control over and will accept no responsibility of liability in respect of the material which follows.
References to corporations, their services and products, and organisations are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, whether expressed or implied.
In no event shall CQRA Ltd be liable, whether in contract (including but not limited to negligence or breach of statutory duty), for misrepresentation or otherwise howsoever for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not CQRA Ltd has been advised of the possibility of damage and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this web site.
This web site could include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this web site. CQRA Ltd may make improvements and/or changes to this web site at any time.
All information presented on this web site is correct only at the date of original publication and no warranty is given as to its continued accuracy. There is no obligation on CQRA Ltd to update the information should the company become aware that the information is not correct.
This web site is not intended to create any legal or other relationship between CQRA Ltd and any third party. This web site is intended to comply with English Law and no other jurisdictions.
[ED: this is the stuff our lawyers made us put in, for everyone who is not a lawyer: it's just a website]
Copyright © 2018 CQRA Ltd. All Rights Reserved.